Monday, June 14, 2010

Monday, 14 June 2010

Today was yet another busy day for me. I was in the office by 0700 for shift turnover and started learning how to process the reports. This will help my team greatly, by being able to contribute. I have 2 E7's and 2 E6's and 1 E5s working for me. They are all Air Force. I like them, so far! LOL.. It looks like I have a pretty good team.
I learned how to do the process and started helping this morning. It is nice, and I feel like I am contributing. Now, I am the OIC - but we are so undermanned that I can't NOT help. The funny part is, the LTC from Kuwait emailed me today telling me that as the OIC I should not be processing.. But see, he is at an advantage - as the OIC there.. he has a staff of atleast 18 people, working 8 hour shifts in 3 sections.. with atleast 1 person from each shift off every night. I do not have that luxury. I explained to him that I only have 5 people working for me in my cell.. and they need my help.. Besides, How can I be a good manager if I don't know how the process works. I should know how to do everything they are doing, so that when I QA - I know what the hell I am doing!
Anyhow, I was on the list tonight for permanent berthing ... I went and picked up my key and moved 2 of my seabags to my room. EACH room will house 3 people.. they used to only house 2 - so there are alot of people NOT happy about having a 3rd person move in.. lucky me. I am living in a ROB - so its not the hard bldg stand up barracks.. its the ones that look like containers.. its nice enough.. it will work.. but i get back from work tonight with a note on the top bunk telling me that my bed is broken and I can't sleep on it (apparently its missing 4 bolts) - and of course, the billeting office is closed.. apparently they went to billeting to tell them, so the guy moved me to a different ROB (4 doors down) but failed to contact me before they closed so that I could get a key and move in.. errggh..
I just want to get settled. I just want to unpack my seabag with the things I need and use and start my routine. I can't workout becuase I have 1 set of PT gear right now.. the others are in the bottom of a seabag that is stored in my bosses ROB while I was in temp berthing..
Anyhow - I am just tired of the Temporary tent and am ready to get settled. I want to be able to go "home" at the end of the day.. and home being a container that I have unpacked and a locker that has my stuff in it.. rather than living out of this damn sea bag for the last month!
Not much else going on tonight. Its an early night, I may just go watch a movie (back in the temp tent) before I go to bed.. I have plenty of work to do.. but.. its not going anywhere.. so it will keep me busy during the days.
I start my night shift on Friday, woohoo.. Time to get in a routine.
I hate feeling unsettled.
More tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. I get so lost sometimes lmao!! ROB/OTC WTF?! hahahaha love you!

    ReplyDelete