Saturday, August 7, 2010

Reminding my Mom

After the way things have gone and all the advice I am giving out.. it made me realize how lucky I am to have the relationship with my mom that I always wanted. It took some troubling teenage years as well... and getting into adulthood, before we were able to patch our relationship up.

Since then, she has been one of my best friends. This morning, I decided to remind her of that with an email to wake up to:

In case I haven't told you lately, I want to remind you how incredibly lucky I am to have you as a mom. I know we went thru my teen years as well, and it took until I was an adult for us to work thru the issues We had. But I am so grateful that we did and I am very grateful to have you. I love the relationship that We share. It is the kind of relationship I dreamed we would have, when I was younger. I always wanted You as my best-friend. Someone I could
call 5 times a day and it would be okay. Someone I could talk to About anything with no judgments.. (most of the time :)) and someone that will be honest with me when I might be taking the wrong path, or just on the wrong side of the road, period. Thank you. Thank you For always supporting me, even when you didn't want to or didn't agree. And thank you for taking care Of the kids while I am deployed. Thank you in advance for the drama that will surely follow throughout the Year, and the stressed out days that might follow as well. I love you. Thank you for being my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment