Friday, November 7, 2014

Post Retirement....and my Mid-Life Crisis Journey


It's been a year since I've retired from the Navy...
In one month, Katrina graduated high school, I retired from the Navy - after more than 20 years, and we relocated to Grants Pass, Oregon, and bought a house. 

In the weeks we spent waiting to close on our house, and waiting for our household goods... we all enjoyed life without electronics (gaming systems, computers, etc) and rode dirt bikes on the property, grilled out, hiked... and just enjoyed nature..

Then, our household goods arrived, our internet and cable were hooked up - and life went back to status quo...

George had interviews for jobs, and I - after 3 weeks off - started searching for a job...

I applied and interviewed for a job as a Real Estate Assistant...  It was fast pace - lots of computer input - right up my alley... I think I have Administrator Blood in me...  I just love it... I know, I know - most of you are saying "Really? Are you sick... in the head??" But I do - I enjoy all things administrative.  And so, I loved the job... I worked with great people and after about 4 months - decided - "I need to get my Real Estate License."   I spent about 6 weeks working through the real estate course and in February - tested for my license...  
and so it began, I changed positions from an assistant to an agent in our office... What a great Team Leader and boss I was privileged to have - she helped me through every step - with LOTS of training.
This is why this team is soo successful... the training never ends - we are always learning...

Throughout the last 6 months - I have been working as an agent, Katrina had my first grand daughter  (which I was Privileged and Honored to be there and help her through that delivery).  As time has passed - I feel like I have been re-evaluating my life... and what I want to do "when I grow up" so to speak...

so - with some help from George, my Home Group from Church and  a great Mentor and Team Leader, I have decided to take a step back and truly evaluate God's Plan for me and my life.. To truly take some time OFF - no work, no filling the time just to fill the time .. but actual time off - and quiet time to reflect on my future and God's Plan for me....

And as if I didn't know God has a sense of humor - my first 2 weeks off have been full of taking care of sick family, to include myself.. (just to ensure I took some Down Time.... LOL yes - I look up and laugh... Thanking him for this great opportunity...

So, here we go... I am on the upswing of this sickness I hope.. so time to start figuring out me.. and this..

Here's to my Mid Life Crisis.... Let the Journey Begin.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment